Catalog Update - Delayed a bit longer

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.

jfenton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Catalog Users! (Cataolgites? Catalogians? What should we call ourselves??)  

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. I'm posting today to give you an update on the status of Catalog and talk a bit about where we're headed. 

But first, let me just say how awesome all of your feedback has been as we look forward to resuming feature development on Catalog. Everything from the survey results to the community questions and discussions help us know what is most important for the community. Your participation has been incredible and I genuinely appreciate the passion you have for Catalog. Keep posting, keep asking, keep speaking up.

Ok, now on to the update. As many of you know, Catalog is in need of some under-the-hood updates. These won't be externally visible, but they'll pay huge dividends for us here internally. The goal was to begin work on these updates before the end of Q4. Unfortunately things have been pushed back a bit, and we're now thinking we'll be able to start on the internal work in January, with feature work commencing sometime in Q2. 

So that's where things are at. But despite the delay, we're crazy excited for where the product is headed and can't wait to make it even better. 

I'd also like to start doing more frequent updates for the community. I'm thinking monthly. While I can't change the timeline (believe me, I've tried), I can keep everyone up to speed on where we are at. I might not always have a ton to share, but I hope it helps everyone feel informed. Let me know if this is something you think would be valuable and how often you'd like to hear from me. 

Well, I guess that's all for now. Happy Cataloging! (Yeah, cataloging is a real word). 

Jon

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.

5 Comments