First of all, thank you for the answers and useful feedback you provided after my previous post. We really appreciate this group’s responsiveness and valuable insights.
As 2020 is almost over we wanted to share our Catalog plans for the first half of 2021 with you, so you can see what to expect and plan accordingly.
- We will need to migrate Catalog from Canvas Data 1 to Canvas Data 2. The mission of Canvas Data 2 is to enable Canvas customers to easily find, filter, and understand the variety of Canvas data in a timely manner.
- As Authorize.net made it public that they have deprecated and are sunsetting their SIM solution, a.k.a. the “classic” Authorize.net payment gateway, we must make a change. Their recommended upgrade path is Accept Hosted, which is offered by Payment Redirector, therefore is safe to use. The migration should be mostly painless and seamless as it consists of a few simple steps.
- We will handle the two login issues mentioned in the previous Catalog post. This requires changes on Canvas’ end as well, so we are working together with some of the Core Canvas engineers to improve the current experience.
- Checking for Canvas login automatically when accessing Catalog.
I know you've been asking if this will only affect out of the box workflow. As our development continues and I get a better picture of the possibilities, I will update this group.
- Routing users to the page they initiated login from after they login
- Currently, if a course gets concluded or dropped in Canvas, this information doesn’t get passed to Catalog and it is not reflected in Analytics / Reports or other parts of the product. We will make Catalog more accurate by getting the course status from Canvas and displaying them on the UI.
- Currently, Catalog is not responsive and it doesn’t provide a good experience on smaller screens. We will fix this and make it work on all screen sizes.
- We are aware that many of you have been asking for some bigger improvements for a long time. At the end of the first half of 2021 we are planning to address one of the most frequently requested new capabilities (email customization, shopping cart, etc.) We haven’t decided yet which one as we will need to do thorough discovery to make the best decision. I will likely need the help of this awesome group to collect insights and feedback on them so you will surely hear from me about them at the beginning of the new year!
Catalog largely depends on Canvas and a great number of the above mentioned improvements do as well. It might happen that the sequence of these projects changes due to the dependencies, but we will do our best to stick to it and not to change it.
Thank you so much again for being this active and responsive throughout the entire year. I wish you Happy Holidays and will see you in 2021.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.