Google Assignments LTI is an integrated application that gives educators who use Canvas a faster, simpler way to distribute, analyze, and grade student work. This is a replacement for legacy Google Apps LTI integration built by and officially supported by Google.
Benefits of Google Assignments LTI 1.3
- Streamlines assignment distribution
- Grade with Canvas SpeedGrader or Google Assignments
- Ensure visibility on assignment progress
- Guide critical thinking and academic integrity with originality reports
- Ensure educators and students only use school-issued accounts
- Officially supported by Google
Support for SpeedGrader
Google now has support for SpeedGrader, so instructors can choose to grade with either Canvas SpeedGrader or Google Assignments.
- Canvas SpeedGrader - Give feedback with video and audio comments and all the capabilities of Speedgrader to do final grading after submission.
- Google Assignments - Grade student work in Google editors like Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites and Google's grading interface.
Support for Canvas Collaborations is expected in 2023 (more to come on timing). This is the last feature needed to reach parity with the legacy Google Apps LTI integration. For now, you can deploy Google Assignments LTI for everything but Collaborations and Google Apps LTI just for Collaborations.
How to Get Started
Ask your Canvas admin to turn on Google Assignments LTI in your Developer Keys. It will then be added as an LTI app to your courses.
If you need Canvas Collaborations, the work around for this year is to deploy Google Assignments LTI for everything but Collaborations and hide the other "placements" of Google Apps LTI.
For more details, see Google’s FAQ in Help Center.
Watch an overview from InstructureCon about Google Assignments LTI.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.