Say Hello to Máté: Our New Catalog Product Manager

matekiss
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas.png

Hello there 👋

My name is Máté, the brand new Product Manager of Catalog. After dedicating the past 9 years to the IT side of the hospitality industry, I’ve decided to embark on an exciting new journey. My passion for creating products that people love has led me to join Instructure as the Product Manager of Catalog as of July 1st. 

During the past 9 years, I spent 5 years as a Product Manager, managing an entirely different product portfolio that I was passionate about. However, after many years, I felt the need for a fresh challenge.

Teaching and edtech aren't entirely new to me. For three years, I had the privilege of lecturing at Corvinus University of Budapest. This experience opened my eyes to how outdated many LMS solutions are on the market. So let me share a secret with you: It’s become my personal mission to introduce Canvas at my alma mater, as it's leaps and bounds more reliable, user-friendly, and accessible than the current system Corvinus University of Budapest is using. 

Impossible is nothing” said Muhammad Ali, so fingers crossed!

Parliament from the DanubeParliament from the Danube

On a personal note, I’m a true Budapest native, having called this vibrant city home for around 30 years. Despite this, I have a deep love for traveling, exploring new cultures, and savoring different cuisines. My bucket list is still long, but I've already visited around 35 countries. One of my favorite trips was a safari trip in Kenya, or taking a selfie with Cristo Redentor.

Budapest from aboveBudapest from above

In my leisure time, I enjoy sailing, playing volleyball, and I have just started getting familiar with padel. I’m still a newbie but I’m enjoying it. Additionally, I’m diving into several AI courses, fueled by my keen interest in the language learning model topic. Currently, I’m building my first custom GPT.

Sailing in CroatiaSailing in Croatia

I’m thrilled to be part of Instructure and can’t wait to collaborate on shaping the future of Catalog!

7 Comments