Working on Catalog and Commons as a fresh start

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.

KataKeri
Instructure
Instructure

Product Blog Headers -- 1200 x 200.png

Since I’m over my first month here, at Instructure, I guess it’s time to write my official introduction. So, hi everyone, my name is Kata, and I’m a Product Manager for Catalog and Commons.

I could say this product is a bit closer to me than mobile CI/CD- which was my first product at my previous job for many years. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, but I got to the point where I felt like I’d like to work on a product where I can truly emphasize with the users, and it’s a little easier to understand the use cases and problems they have - see, I’m not a mobile developer. Since I had problems understanding these customer issues, I was struggling with providing solutions also. It was hard. But not so long ago I was a student. And I'm still learning online - (currently techniques for children’s book illustrations). Cue, Instructure. I’m already finding my feet!

Personal stuff? I love LEGOs. And Harry Potter. Happen to be both? I’m sold. So yeah, I’m collecting Harry Potter Legos, especially if they are from the early 2000’s. 

some of my 'vintage' HP Lego setssome of my 'vintage' HP Lego sets

Also, I love my dog and spending time with her. She’s a dachshund, named Vilma. We usually go for long walks, so she keeps me movin'. She likes to swim also. She has a severe tennis ball addiction. She’s part of the family and everyone adores her.

Vilma and me at Lake BalatonVilma and me at Lake Balaton

So there’s that. Happy to be here and excited to be a part of this team. I will try my best to serve this community well and create a seamless product that customers love and makes their life (and learning!) easier. 

Tags (3)

This blog from the Instructure Product Team is no longer considered current. While the resource still provides value to the product development timeline, it is available only as a historical reference.