Taintor Amanda's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Student Rank?

I have an instructor inquiring about student's ability to see their rank in class. I can't think of way to do this in Canvas. Any suggestions are welcomed.

10-10-2016

Bug Report

At my admin training I remember our trainer mentioning where I can look to see the current bugs being worked on in Canvas. Does anyone know where this is?

10-01-2016

Instructional Design Budget

Although this is not directly related to Canvas, the group of instructional designer's  gathered here are always so helpful I thought I would start on this board. Our college recently hired me...

09-16-2016

Attendance Roll Call-Student Listing

Does anyone know if it is possible to change how the students are listed in the Attendance Roll Call tool? Currently they are listed by first name and then last name. I have a few instructors asking ...

09-14-2016

Conference Tool and Embedded Tutors?

Can the TA role in Canvas create and moderate a Conference? We are thinking of using this tool for an embedded tutor.  Anyone have any luck doing this?

09-07-2016

Sub-Account Structure?

Hello All. We are adopting Canvas this semester and as such deciding what is the best structure for accounts and sub-accounts. I would love to hear how other Campuses organize their accounts and ...

08-31-2016

Cengage Test Bank

I have an instructor who was able to download the zip file for the "canvas test bank" from Cengage. When we upload this file what upload option do we choose? Thanks!!

08-12-2016

Stop Pre-Processing content

How do I stop a class content from importing once it is says "pre-processing"

08-08-2016

Importing text file quizzes

I have a faculty who creates their quiz using a text file, in our old LMS (blackboard) she could easily upload into the file. I know using respondus you can upload a word document into Canvas but do ...

07-21-2016

Importing quizzes containing mp3

Happily our district is making the move to Canvas this Fall (full implementation Spring 2017).  As such I am supporting faculty in moving their content from our previous LMS (blackboard) into Ca...

06-07-2016

Micrograde/Canvas comparison

Many of our faculty have utilized a program called Micrograde in the past, apparently this program has closed up shop.  My faculty are asking how the Canvas gradebook compare with the features o...

05-18-2016

VERY Introductory Training for Faculty

Last week our district announced the adoption of  Canvas as our new LMS.  I am offering a series of quick 1 hour training for faculty the week before we break for summer.   As we ...

05-09-2016

Page availability?

Is it possible to set availability for individual pages or is it better to simply create an ungraded assignment?

04-20-2016

essay question feedback for instructor use only

We are currently making the move from Blackboard to Canvas. I have an instructor who enjoyed the feature in blackboard where she could leave notes to herself (the instructor) regarding the correct an...

04-05-2016

Math Faculty use?

Our district is currently piloting Canvas in an effort to decide if we will adopt Canvas next semester. Part of my responsibilities is to present to each department the uses of Canvas as it applies t...

02-09-2016

Weird coming over

I have an instructor who when cutting and pasting content from blackboard PAGES of code come in BUT when I go back into her blackboard account and look at the code it's a very simple code not remotel...

01-21-2016

Student View as an Admin?

I apologize if this is a repeat question (I did do a search). I am new to the admin role in Canvas.....new to Canvas as well! Our campus is piloting Canvas for a few select courses this Spring. As su...

01-05-2016

Transferring images into pages

I have attempted to copy a document from microsoft word directly into a canvas page. The microsoft document contains a Wordle document which won't paste into the canvas page. Anyone have any suggesti...

12-31-2015