Valerie Schreiner

VeriCite is now a part of Turnitin

Discussion created by Valerie Schreiner on Feb 9, 2018

Dear Canvas Community,

When we launched VeriCite, we had a simple goal: help universities and schools easily verify the originality of student work. We’re proud of the work we’ve done to make plagiarism detection tools easy to use and easy to integrate into the Canvas workflow.

Today, I’m pleased to announce that VeriCite is joining Turnitin.

Together, we will support academic integrity by combining the tight LMS integrations of VeriCite with the accuracy and scale of Turnitin’s plagiarism prevention services.

My staff and I have joined the Turnitin team. We are committed to delivering a seamless experience as we combine efforts. Turnitin will honor VeriCite customers’ existing pricing and terms.

To be clear, there will be no immediate changes to VeriCite customers’ service. In the coming months, we will collaborate with Turnitin to launch a seamlessly- integrated originality checking offering using Canvas’ new Plagiarism Framework.

More detailed information and an FAQ for current VeriCite customers is now available on our website. We’ll continue to keep the Canvas community informed on new offers and options.

Valerie Schreiner, CEO, Vericite