AnsweredAssumed Answered

DB posts are all marked as read even though I told Canvas I wanted to mark them manually

Question asked by Joseph Farrelly on Jun 11, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 by Joseph Farrelly

Ok, I must be doing something wrong. When I set up my discussions, I opted to mark new posts manually and not have Canvas automatically change the dots from white to blue as I scroll down. I used the method described in the canvas guide and it worked for a while. But this week, for some reason, Canvas is marking everything as read even if I haven't read it. The page that lists my DBs shows a summary on the right of the total number of posts and the number of unread posts so an Instructor can see at a glance if there are any new unread posts to read. But, for the past couple of days, it shows no unread posts even though the total number of posts increased since the last time I looked at them. It went from 18 out of 18, to 26 out of 26 even though i had not read any new ones. When I opened the DB and scrolled down, everything -- both read and unread posts -- was marked with a blue dot. However, my gradebook shows the symbol for ungraded items for the new posts.. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in the software?

Outcomes