AnsweredAssumed Answered

Will Quizzes.next be released in course navigation or within Assignments?

Question asked by Todd Van Zandt on May 16, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by Todd Van Zandt

When the general release of Quizzes.next takes place, will it be available as it's own course navigation item, like Quizzes, or will it be left within Assignments where it has been offered during Beta?

At a presentation in the past (InstCon '16?), I remember it being mentioned that it would be called Assessments, or something like that, and available in the course navigation menu. I'm just wondering if that is still the plan.

In general, our faculty have noted how Assignments is not an intuitive name for where to place on-paper/non-submission gradebook items, like on-paper quizzes and exams. They interpret it as homework or project assignments, and it's not the place they think of going when they have a Quiz. I hope that we don't exacerbate the issue by placing/leaving Quizzes.next there as well. The Assignments catch-all might be intuitive from a Canvas development perspective, but it's the one example item that is consistently brought up when I delve deeper into an instructor saying that Canvas is not intuitive.

Outcomes