I am completely unable to check anything that links to the assignments page.

Jump to solution
trumblea239088
Community Novice

As well as not being able to respond to discussions, all assignments that I try to open result in a blank screen when going to the assignments page, leaving me unable to work on any of my work. This is VERY detrimental and needs to be fixed ASAP. Before I get an automated response, note that I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, AND Chrome, and all three are up to date with all relevant plug-ins up to date.

1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Alexander,

All righty, let's see if we can figure this out. As mentioned, I am pretty sure this and your other two threads are an interrelated issue, and hence, will provide the diagnosis steps in here to help track it down.

Before we start, thank you kindly for confirming that you have checked with multiple browsers! That saves us time checking that step. Also, I would mention that this is the Canvas worldwide community, where Canvas users just like you and I all come together to help out. If you need urgent support you may be best to use the Help menu within Canvas to contact Canvas support. They also have access to your institution's Canvas instance and can therefore, see and do things that we in the community cannot. I wanted to state this up front to clarify that we are not Canvas support so there is only so much we can do to help guide you, hence, the Canvas support route may be more preferable for you.

With that in mind, the questions that have immediately come to my mind include:

• Have you recently updated your operating system? If so what OS and version are you running (i.e. is it Windows 10?)
  • Have you recently installed any new firewall or antivirus software, or has it had a major update?
  • Are there any plugins that are in use across all three of the browsers you mentioned, specifically this could be an adblocker plugin or it could also be an antivirus/security software privacy tool etc.
  • Are you accessing Canvas from home, school, work or other? I am wondering if there may be something specifically on your internet connection that could be causing the issue. Do you possibly have another internet connection you could try to see if that works.
  • Are any of your classmates suffering the same? If you log in on there machine do you see the missing elements again, or are they missing only for your account?
  • Have you possibly tried a different computer altogether? It would be great to do so to see if we can ascertain whether it is your account, your school's Canvas instance (it is possible they may have customisations in place I would not know about), or something else on your machine.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that gives some good avenues to test!

*keeping fingers crossed*

Stuart

View solution in original post