Pastoral/Year Group "Courses"

Jump to solution
denise_lombardo
Community Participant

We are a high school in Sydney and have recently moved across from a moodle set-up to Canvas. On our moodle site, we had separate sections for overall Year Groups as well - ie, a space for Year Coordinators to communicate with the whole year group re important dates, meetings, reminders, etc. This is not a course in the sense of learning, but a communication space where permission notes and other documents pertaining to the year group as a whole could be shared. We were wondering if anyone out there has set up similar "courses" within Canvas for purposes other than teaching and learning, and if so, could we get a peek via Commons or other ways? I should also have a look at the K-12 group, but I did a search for a range of different related terms in the overall community site and came up with nothing. We are also hoping to set up "courses" for all our co-curricular activities... Thank you!

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@denise_lombardo ​, I'd invite you to read  @Chris_Hofer ​'s excellent blog post, Paper Pumpkin - Campus Clubs and Groups, in the Higher Education group, as I believe it will answer many of your questions. If you're not already a member of the HE Group, joining is just a click or two away!

View solution in original post