How do I view and manage my profile in the Canvas app on my Android device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Sep 15, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The profile page shows your user information in the app and also stores your user files. If you have permission from your institution, you may be able to manage some of your profile information, such as user name, profile picture, and user details.

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Open User Menu

Open User Menu

In the Dashboard, tap the User Menu icon.

Open Profile

Open Profile

Tap your profile icon.

View Profile

View Profile

Your Profile page shows you all the information associated with your Canvas account. You can view your name [1] and access your user files [2].

If your institution allows profiles, you can view any bio information you've added to your user account [3].

Note: Bios can only be edited in the browser version of Canvas.

View User Details

View User Details

To view your user email address, login ID, and Canvas URL, tap the overflow icon [1], then tap the About link [2]. (Note: This information cannot be modified.)

Manage Profile

Manage Profile

To manage your profile, tap the overflow icon.

Edit User Name

Edit User Name

If your institution allows you to edit your user name, change your user name by tapping the Edit user name link [2]. This is the name that users see in the app.

Manage Profile Pictures

Manage Profile Pictures

If your institution allows profile pictures (avatars), you app will display the following additional options:

• Change your profile picture by taking a new photo, choosing an existing photo from your photo gallery, or setting a default image [2]. Learn more about changing your profile picture.
  • You can change the profile backdrop image used in the app [3].
  • You can create a panda avatar to use as a profile picture [4].
You are here
Table of Contents > All Users > How do I view and manage my profile in the Canvas app on my Android device?

Attachments

Outcomes