There are five types of assignments you can submit on your mobile device. Once you submit your assignment, you can verify your assignment submission. You can also resubmit assignments if your instructor allows.
Learn how to submit assignments with third-party apps such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Your instructor may restrict certain assignment types, so not all types may be available for your assignment submission.
- If your assignment includes a link to a PDF file, you can add annotations as part of your submission.
- To learn more about available options for uploading or creating media files in the Canvas Student app, view the Canvas Media Comparison PDF.
Tap the Assignments link.
Note: You may need to swipe your screen to view Assignments in the menu.
View Assignment Submission
Tap the Submissions tab .
Note: If you want to view the assignment rubric before submitting the assignment, tap the Grade tab .
Select Submission Type
Tap the submission type you would like to use for the assignment. There are five types of submissions:
- Text Entry
- Online URL
- File Upload
- Media Upload
Note: If a submission type does not appear in the list, your instructor has not included this option in available submission types.
Submit a Text Entry
To submit a text entry, tap the Text Entry button.
Submit an Online URL
To submit an online URL, tap the Online URL button.
Submit File Upload
To submit a file upload, tap the File Upload button.
Choose File Location
You can upload a file:
- By taking a photo with your camera
- From your Android photo gallery
- From third-party apps on your Device, such as Google Drive or Dropbox
- From other apps
Turn in Assignment
Once the Canvas Student app has located or created your file, the file will appear in the attached files list .
If necessary, you can remove the imported file by tapping the Remove icon . To upload additional files, tap the Add Item button .
When you have finished uploading files, tap the Turn in link .
To locate an existing media file, tap the Choose Media button.
To take a video, tap the Take Video button.
Submit Arc Video
To submit an Arc video, tap the Arc button.
To choose a video for submission, tap the video thumbnail . To upload a video in Arc, tap the Add icon . To search for videos in Arc, tap the Search icon .