This release removes support for PHP 5.4 and 5.5, fixes some bugs, and adds some convenience features.
- Supported PHP versions: 5.6, 7.0, 7.1
- Added a configurable maximum size for files before they are marked as "unscannable". This is mainly to prevent server and database issues, but also promotes best practices for students on mobile devices or slow internet connections. Default value is ~50MB
- Added a configurable value for the maximum allowed length of ALT text. Default value is 125 characters. (Thanks Sonya Madsen Woods for suggesting it!)
- Added detection of captions in Vimeo videos.
- Added detection of Dailymotion videos. It will create a suggestion for every video found regardless of the presence of captions.
- Added a Report Summary that contains totals for each type of error and suggestion.
- Added "download" and "view in folder" buttons for each unscannable file.
- Updated outdated links to accessibility resources.
- Clarified phrasing for closed caption errors.
For more information, and to download the latest release, visit the v2.3.2 Release Notes.
If you previously installed v2.3.0, please follow the "Existing Installations" instructions in the v2.3.1 Blog Post.