Nicknames for Grade Center Columns

(9)

The Problem

Long assignment titles get truncated in the grade center. When you have similarly named assignments, it can be hard to locate specific assignments. Aside from mousing over each title or manually resizing grade center columns (which goes away when you refresh the page), there is no way to see the full title of assignments quickly.

The Solution

Provide a way to nickname grade center columns without changing the name of the assignment. 

2 Comments
difeboe
Community Member

My school makes us start every assignment with a label: Class Work, Assessment, etc... So it is very hard for me to find things in my grade book since all of the assignment titles look the same. I'd love to be able to rename my assignments so they are easier to find. We use Infinite Campus and all assignments are given a long name where you put the page number, etc... and a nick name of about 5 characters so your assignment named: Class Work: Map of Asia pages 21-22 can be called "Map21," "Asia," or something something else easier to find. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.