[Modules] Selecting and Moving Multiple Items in Modules

I am working on a new semester in Canvas. I have moved over my old content from Blackboard. I am now trying to organize items a bit better into modules. It would be wonderful if there was a way to select multiple items in the modules sections and move them all at once to a new or different module. Thanks!

Added to Theme

Simplify bulk course tasks Theme Status: Identified

67 Comments
cspendlove1
Community Member

Alpine School District tired to submit a similar request, that impacted two separate features: Modules and Assignments.  While our idea was specific to being able to move multiple module items, it incorporates the need to develop a bulk-select capability in Modules, which would be a prerequisite to bulk deletion.... so we support this idea.

kraimont
Community Participant

This is an amazing idea and one that our teachers would totally support. When adding or removing items from a module, it can be tedious and time consuming when one has to do it one item at a time. I would love to be able to select multiple items on a module to move or to remove. 

nnelson23
Community Explorer

Our university is new to Canvas and also bringing content over from Blackboard. This feature would save faculty time if they could delete or move multiple items at once within a modules

lbuland
Community Explorer

Has anyone located the answer to this?  I have created 15 new modules and am faced with moving approximately 100 items, including pages, discussions, quizzes, etc. from the massive list brought by Blackboard into these new Modules one at a time.  As an alternaitve, I could group the files and insert a module to contain them? thank you.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

Vote fro pretty much anything which reduces teacher time managing the learning platform to allow them to concentrate on developing great EdTech content.

kmcgee2
Community Novice

This would be a huge time saver. Being an Admin, this would speed things up tremendously when building shells and organizing content!

jason_margolies
Community Participant

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!

parmana
Community Participant

Yes we need this, please!

JGaribaldi
Community Member

Yes this is a must! I am at a loss as to why this is not already a feature! My teachers are wasting so much time on moving each individual item one at a time. Please make this a priority.

markgname_islan
Community Member

I honestly can't see why this doesn't exist.  Organizing imported Canvas is so tedious and time consuming...I would love to free up some time to actually work on the class.