Add "spelling only" option to more of the answer grading choices in New Quizzes

(2)

Currently in New Quizzes for a fill in the blank question, if you choose the "close enough" option, it gives you the option of whether or not it should count capitalization. I would like to see this click option available in the Exact Match and Specify Correct Answers settings as well. On some quizzes, kids are bound to give these answers with a capital letter out of habit. Having to specific capitalized and not capitalized for every potential answer is, frankly, annoying. Why would this option not be available across the board for fill in the blank responses? (And, I tried to go with "close enough" and reduce it to a zero for allowed characters - that doesn't work.) 

2 Comments
afitch
Community Novice

I agree. I want to be able to combine the contains and close enough features. Ideally also listing options. So the correct answer could be either 'physical activity' or 'exercise' and I can set it to say contains 'physical activit' or 'exercis' and then if a student types in exercising or physical activities or Physical Activity it will still be correct. Otherwise I have to use the exact match feature and anticipate a ton of different ways to type in the answer, which is VERY annoying,

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.