[New Quizzes] Create Item Banks from MSWord

It would be useful that when you create a question [item] bank at the account level being able to upload a huge number of questions once by using a word document. Now, the only way to do this is to create them one by one.

61844_2015-06-17_1019.png2015-06-17_1019.png

Rosalie

170 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @rledda ​

You have three great ideas here.

• I thought the MS Word import idea existed, but when I looked I was not able to find it.  Here is an archived idea that referenced it, but the link is no longer there?  " style="color: #2989c5; .

If you want to revise your idea to be specific to the MSWord Import idea only we would be happy to move it through to open for voting July 1

rledda
Community Champion

Hello @Renee Carney

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen that the Gift idea is open for voting but not yet implemented. I've alreeady vote for that Smiley Wink

Regarding the QTI import I know that the option exists but not an easy way for instructors to create the file from scratch. Most of this packages are created by the LMS like moodle for instance so you can easily import all the questions created there and import them to Canvas. I'm going to edit my request to make it clear.

But what I want to highlight here is that sometimes questions are created outside from the LMS using and excel  or a csv or even a word document, and it would be easier to have the ability to import them easily and avoid create them one by one in canvas.

Rosalie

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

That is perfect.  Narrow your idea down to that scope and we will get it open July 1 for voting!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for pulling that important idea out  @rmurchshafer2 ​.  I must have missed it when reading the post.  That would be another idea entirely.  Would you mind submitting that as a new feature idea?  Thanks!

rledda
Community Champion

Hi  @Renee_Carney 

Do you want me to edit this idea to highlight the idea of importing into account/subaccount level? Or is it better to create a new one?

Rosalie

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Importing into account/subaccount level will need to be its' own.

You will be editing this idea to focus solely on the importing from MSWord idea

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you  @rmurchshafer2 ​ for posting this idea.  Here is a link in case anyone ready/following this thread is looking for it  

rledda
Community Champion

Thanks @ @Renee_Carney  I've already edited the request and also voted for the @Rick Murch-Shafer thread idea. 🙂

Rosalie

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi  @rledda ​ - lots of good discussion and ideas.

Thanks for updating the idea to emphasize MSWord imports. I've also updated the title which was previously "Create Question Banks importing existing content" to "Create Question Banks from MSWord" to clarify further.

This idea will be open for voting in the next voting cycle! Good luck! Smiley Happy

rledda
Community Champion

Hi @Biray Seitz and thank you! I forgot to change that tiny but important detail :smileysilly: