Accessibility within Studio
Ensuring an accessible and pleasant experience to all users, regardless of disability, is a key focus of Canvas Studio. The Studio media platform was built using the most modern HTML and CSS technologies, and is committed to W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative and Section 508 guidelines.
If you have additional suggestions, please contact email@example.com.
Screen Readers and Browsers
Studio officially supports the following screen reader and browser combinations:
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari/Chrome)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Firefox/Chrome; we currently do not support the Edge browser for accessibility)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox/Chrome)
Official browser support means that these browsers are actively tested against Studio code. Studio may be able to be used in any other browser or screen reader not listed, but official support is not provided. Learn more about supported Studio browsers.
Studio Navigation with a Screen Reader & Keyboard
Studio makes use of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) attributes, which are designed to make web content and applications more accessible to people with disabilities. Studio has included these attributes through a variety of elements throughout the various functional areas of the application to provide an optimal experience when using a screen reader.
When using a keyboard to navigate depending on what part of the video player you are viewing, the media player supports different Studio keyboard shortcuts.
Accessibility within Specific Studio Features
Several areas within Studio are not fully accessible. This section highlights several features and their optimal alternatives for users who need a fully accessible option.
Webcam and Screen Capture: Currently Studio's webcam and screen capture functionality is not fully accessible across all screen reader and browser combinations. For users who need to utilize a screen reader on Mac and Windows operating systems, please use the best alternative as included below:
- For Mac OS users utilizing VoiceOver we recommend Quicktime or an alternative application of your preference for webcam and screen capture. Once you have created your media, you can upload the content into Studio.
- For Windows 10 users utilizing Internet Explorer & JAWS we recommend Windows Camera as your application for webcam and screen capture. For Windows 7 & 8 users, we recommend Camtasia or an alternative application of your preference for webcam and screen capture. Any content created from these applications can then be uploaded into Studio.