What are the computer specifications for Canvas Studio?
This is a list of basic computer system requirements to use Canvas Studio. It is always recommended to use the most up-to-date versions and better connections. Studio will still run with the minimum specifications, but you may experience slower loading times.
Studio is best viewed at a minimum resolution of 800x600.
- Windows 8.1 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - Chrome OS
- Chromebook - Chrome OS
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Studio has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Firefox; we currently do not support the Edge browser for accessibility)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- There is no screen reader support for Studio in Chrome
Learn more about supported accessibility in Studio.
Studio supports Canvas browsers.
Note: Studio webcam capture is only supported by Chrome and Firefox browsers.
The Studio user interface inherits the browser’s set language.
Studio on Mobile Devices
The Studio interface is optimized for desktop displays and is not officially supported on mobile browsers.
Visit the Apple store or the Play store to download mobile browsers. The following major browsers are compatible with mobile devices:
- Photon Flash Player (supports Flash )
Note: Android default browser varies per mobile device.
Canvas Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer (versions vary by device)
- Android 4.2 and newer