cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szw151
Community Participant

Using Canvas with speech recognition software

Does Canvas work with Dragon Naturally Speaking? or any speech recognition software? I know a couple of years ago it didn't and I am wondering what the current state is.

11 Replies
debi_griggs
Community Member

I have been doing some research over the past few months and I am not finding any information of value. I saw one posting in which the author stated Instructure told him to use Dragon NS 14. However, I could not find any instructions, tips, or otherwise that we could pass along to students. speech recognition #speech to text

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @szw151 ‌, great question!

As far as I know it's not a possibility.

I've put forward a feature idea about it if you fancy voting.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14012-speech-to-text-in-rich-content-editor-in-windows-os-make... 

szw151
Community Participant

Thanks. I voted that one up.

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks  @szw151 feel free to share it as it hasn't gained much traction. 

Tasha_Biesinger
Community Contributor

Any update on this? We just got a question about Dragon and Canvas, and if there are any tips or tricks to make Dragon work better with Canvas.

Also, the feature request is now archived. Smiley Sad

jhori
Community Member

I would just like to state that I was able to navigate to this page and post to reply using nothing but voice control on Apple, which is similar to dragon on the PC. I find the best way of using this is to know the command scroll up and scroll down as well as show numbers.

szw151
Community Participant

Thank you so much for testing this!

jhori
Community Member

My pleasure!