cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Parent App Calendar Events not Loading

Jump to solution

I've submitted a ticket to Canvas, no response yet.  Some parent/observer users in our school district receive the message in their parent app on their calendar with a red exclamation mark and the message "There was an error loading events.  Pull to refresh to try again."  I am also experiencing this issue.  The calendar events appear just fine in the web version.  We have tried the following:

1. Logged out/in to the app
  2. Uninstalled/reinstalled the app
  3. Rebooted the device
  4. Verified the iOS up to date
  5. Unpaired with student/re-paired with student

Nothing seems to resolve the issue.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

3.3.2 is available (I think it was shared on 10/22)! I hope that fixes the calendar sync issues for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

You're not the only one with this question! I'm linking it here so we can keep track of both conversations.

Re: Calendar Function is not working - Canvas Community 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello again -- It sounds like Instructure is actively working on a fix for this issue. Watch for the update to 3.3.2!

Highlighted
Surveyor II

We are having the same issue, thank you for posting and I look forward to a patch.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Just received a response from Instructure...

Hello, Our engineers have deployed a fix for this issue. Please update your mobile Canvas apps and let us know if you continue to see this behavior. We will diligently investigate to ensure the issue is completely resolved. Keep learning! Support Panda Notifier of Things

Highlighted

I thought that I had seen that they deployed a fix in Beta, but that it wouldn't roll out to production until 11-4.  Can you confirm which information is accurate?  I want to make sure before I follow up with our end users.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Kirsten, I posted that by mistake then quickly deleted it.  That was in relation to another support ticket I have open.  I just updated my app and the calendar events are now appearing.

Highlighted

Perfect!  Thank you.  I guess I was just too quick to read the comments LOL.  

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

3.3.2 is available (I think it was shared on 10/22)! I hope that fixes the calendar sync issues for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos