[ARCHIVED] Gradebook Status Question

Jump to solution
drs02040
Community Explorer

How do I keep the students' statuses in the gradebook as "None"?  It keeps reverting to "Missing," causing unnecessary questions from students about what they might have that is missing for the week.  I set them all to "None" when I open the week, but by the end of the week they're all back to "Missing" and I have to manually reset them to "None" after posting the grades.  Can't "None" be the default instead?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @drs02040  Welcome to the Canvas Community. This will occur automatically when you have either a Late Policy or a Missing Policy in the New Gradebook with online submission-type of assignments.  I guess the direct answer to your question is to not use either policy to avoid the getting the labels at all, though that would obviously mean having to revert to calculating the late/missing assignment penalties manually each time.   [EDIT:  My apologies!  In fact removing the policy will not remove those labels, even from the students' perspective.  That comes with the New Gradebook by default for online assignments.] You are not alone in your quest for a simpler way to do this, however.  I encourage you to vote up and comment upon this Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10605-a-global-option-to-enabledisable-missing-and-late-status... .  In the meantime, however, I'm afraid it's a one-by-one, student-by-student process.

I hope this helps a bit, David, even if it's not the answer you're looking for.

View solution in original post