[ARCHIVED] Importing student groups from 1st semester to 2nd semester.

Jump to solution
carl_collins1
Community Novice

I have a class that meets both 1st and 2nd semester. It is a new course, but the enrollment is (basically) the same. I would like to keep the same student groups from the 1st semester and use them with my 2nd semester class. Is there a way to import the student groups and students in those groups from the 1st semester class into the 2nd semester class?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @carl_collins1  - Unfortunately not, and you aren't the only one wondering about this. I encourage you to vote "up" and comment upon the following Feature Idea, even though Canvas indicated recently it's not on the immediate front burner of things to do:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1551-copy-group-settings . 

Also, bear in mind that even if that feature idea comes to fruition, Canvas exports do not include enrollments, either.  So while the group settings might copy over if this feature is ever enabled, you would still have to populate the groups with the students again yourself, most likely.  But it would at least save you a bit of time.  

Hope this helps a bit, Carl, even if the answer is likely not one you're looking for.

View solution in original post