[ARCHIVED] Storage

Jump to solution
riekben
Community Member

If I select "Record/Upload Media", will that count in my canvas storage quota? Will they be not be deleted or removed until I click "remove"?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

The answer to this is a little complicated and will be changing in the an update on November 1st.  As of right now, no they will not count against your quota and will not be removed.

Here are the release notes that explain the change but I'll also try to summarize below https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/Canvas-Release-Notes-2020-11-21/ta-p/416628#toc-hId--112...

• If you are a Teacher and use that tool in your course, the media files will be added to the Files are in the course.
  • If you are a Student and use the media tool for an assignment submission those files end up in your personal Files area which you can access under Account/Files.
  • As a Teacher or Student, if you record directly using the tool it will NOT count against your course or user quota.  But if you upload a video using the tool it will count against either the course quota (for teachers) or personal quota (for student assignment submissions).

The bullets above are my interpretation of the new changes and how it's going to work.

Rick

View solution in original post