[ARCHIVED] Timed module publishing?

AaronDinkin
Community Member

Is there any way to set a module to be published at a specified time, instead of having to do it manually? I like to have the relevant modules published immediately after each class session, and it would be good to be able to set it up in advance when I create the module so that it will publish automatically and immediately, instead of having to remember to do it after each class (which will inevitably involve some delay, as well).

I know that somebody is going to say, I can publish my modules in advance and set them to unlock at a specified time. Please don't suggest that; it is not what I am asking about. Unless I'm very much mistaken, if a module is published and locked, students can see the title of the module and all the files inside it; they just can't open them. (If I am mistaken, so much the better, please let me know!) I would like for anything students can't open to not show up on their display, and become visible to students when it becomes available to them, and I would like to be able to set content to become visible and available at a set time instead of having to do it manually.

Is that possible in Canvas? And if this extremely basic and fundamental function is not available in Canvas, how do I submit a feature request to try to get it added to Canvas ASAP?

Labels (2)
0 Likes