Discussions

Jump to solution
amandaworth
Community Novice

How do I post a discussion for graded discussions, and how do I attach links or files to my discussion? is there a way for me to just be able to click on discussions and see what has been posted before I do my posting without hitting reply to get into the thread?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @amandaworth  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I am guessing that you are a student, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  A lot of your questions can be answered by skimming over the topics in this specific area of the online student's guide.  Whether or not you can see other people's replies before posting your own is entirely up to your instructor, as there is an option that students must post first before seeing replies.  But if you click directly on the discussion topic, it should tell you this.

Information on attaching a file (yet another option your instructor can enable) is covered here: How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student? Creating a link is easy; the discussion area uses a feature called the rich content editor which you will see in a few other places in Canvas.  The basics of creating a link is here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10617-4212717417 

I hope this helps a bit to get you started, Amanda. Best wishes on a successful academic term.

View solution in original post

0 Likes