Broken "Show list of file types for file limitation on assignment uploads" feature?

emlarson
Community Participant

Reaching out to my fellow Admins: We discovered that a feature we had in the Assignments area to show checkboxes of some common filetypes when teachers opt to restrict file uploads apparently isn't the core Canvas feature that we thought it was. That's relevant because it just broke, and we have no idea where it came from... and, if it wasn't unique to us, it might be broken in other systems out there now?

The code doesn't have much commenting beyond its description of "Show list of file types for file limitation on assignment uploads" and a reference that it "uses onPage function by RPFlorence" which points to a GitHub site of Ryan Florence's InstructureCon code from 11 years ago.

I guess I'm not surprised it broke given that the Assignments page was just redesigned... and I can't blame Instructure for not supporting something that isn't in their core code... but we didn't put it there, so I have a feeling our Instructure implementation team in 2016 added it (and they've all left the company in the years since).

Does anyone else have this code for Assignments in their instance and, if so, is it still working?