cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bl
Community Participant

Quiz question names replaced with generic "Question X"

Jump to solution

This is not a question, but a message. Quiz name edit functionality seems to be broken and replacing existing data. This started on Saturday morning. When I edit a quiz question and save the quiz, all questions in the quiz revert to Question 1, Question 2, etc. I have been advised that a previous fix was regressed and they're going to reapply it, but was not given any specific timeframe. Stay tuned...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

For  @bl ​ and anyone else following this conversation, a feature that was implemented in the Canvas Production Release of June 4, 2016 was just rolled back, which has addressed the quiz question title editing issue. You should no longer be experiencing this problem. If you submitted a ticket on this, you should have received an update to this effect, or you will momentarily. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for alerting the Community to this,  @bl ! Do you have a ticket number for the case you submitted, and if so, would you post it to the comments here?

If anyone else experiencing the same issue runs across this discussion post, Canvas would like you to open your own support case, and in it, you can reference Bob's case number. By opening your own case, you'll be able to follow the progress of the fix.

bl
Community Participant

Case number on this is 01373738.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

For  @bl ​ and anyone else following this conversation, a feature that was implemented in the Canvas Production Release of June 4, 2016 was just rolled back, which has addressed the quiz question title editing issue. You should no longer be experiencing this problem. If you submitted a ticket on this, you should have received an update to this effect, or you will momentarily. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

meadows_145
Community Member

I experienced this issue as well, but in addition, questions were removed from custom banks and booted to "Unfiled Questions", and several questions themselves became blank questions.

As of today, the titles have returned, but the original filing system and blank questions were not automatically repaired. Has anyone else experienced this issue that coincided with the quiz titling issue?

michelle_kim
Community Member

I am also having the same problem where customized question titles that I created in individual quizzes have become generic "Questions" in the question bank. The customized titles still show up when I go to the quizzes themselves, but appear as "Questions" when I come back to the question bank (and have become lumped in "Unfiled Questions." Seeing how this was supposed to be a bug that was to have been fixed in 2016 and I am still experiencing the issue, what should I do?

Thanks for your help!

Spring 2021.  This is still broken.  All my custom names #1a, 1b, 1c, etc., are replaced with generic Question x names.