How do I get started using basic badges as a professor

Jump to solution
JoshuaStomel
Community Explorer

I used to have this working, but things seem to have changed. I am a professor with instructor permissions and I want to get started using the free version of canvas badges in my class. Assume I have zero access to any administrators. Is this still possible?

1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JoshuaStomel 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

The new version of the LTI in Canvas would be the Canvas 'Credentials' LTI, and is free to use.

We would suggest installing inside your Course using the Client ID found in our installation guide here:
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Badges-Credentials/How-do-I-install-the-Canvas-Credentials...

Once accessing the LTI, it will ask you to authenticate your email, and once authenticated you will be able to select an Issuer connected to the email. Once an Issuer is selected you will be able to connect Badges to Course requirements from inside the LTI.

If you are having issues installing you would most likely need to reach out to your Canvas Administrator, but this would just be if you do not have permissions to install the LTI inside your Course App Settings.

Please reach back if there are any questions!

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes