Cannot Access Observer Tab

JudeHollis
Community Novice

My mom cannot access the observer tab/button thing when she clicks on Account. She would like to access this in order to pair an account with myself and my sister, who are students. For this reason, I tried setting up a new account for her, and automatically was able to connect my account with hers via the sign-in process. This enabled the observer tab to open up, so I clicked on it to enter the pairing code for my sister. However, all the pairing codes from my sister's account were labeled as "invalid" (I tried this over five times and yes I made sure they were EXACT). I then tried to see if I could pair myself via this method, so I deleted my status as an observed student on my mom's account. However, as soon as I did this my mom immediately lost access to the observer tab in her account and now the account is completely blank.

I am quite frustrated with this ridiculous Canvas design and would like help immediately as school is about to start next week. I have investigated other threads and seen that there is some kind of "workaround" for this problem, which I personally find ridiculous since you have to receive a DM from an instructor in order to get anything done. Please swiftly provide me the method with how to get the observer bar back. 

Thank you.

0 Likes