API: GET lti_apps

Jump to solution
cesbrandt
Community Champion

Alright, while I was working on a way to identify the origin of an external tool configuration that is linked into a course, I stumbled across an API access point that gives me exactly what I was looking for, but I can't find any documentation on it.

It can be called like:

GET /api/v1/courses/:course_id/lti_apps

GET /api/v1/accounts/:account_id/lti_apps

I've confirmed they work, providing output like:

[

{

"app_type":"ContextExternalTool",

"app_id":1,

"name":"BLTI Example",

"description":"This is for cool things",

"installed_locally":false,

"enabled":true,

"tool_configuration":null,

"context":"Account",

"context_id":1,

"reregistration_url":null,

"has_update":null

}

]

Is anyone familiar with this? If so, do you know where I can find the documentation for it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
cesbrandt
Community Champion
Author

Alright, so with a bunch of searching through the Canvas Source, and research to ensure I was understanding the Ruby correctly, I've been unable to identify any request parameters; nor a PUT, POST, or DELETE variation.

Basically, it seems to be little more than an informational access point. However, I did find where I had stumbled across it: the App Center. It uses this API access point to GET the list of available External Tools available to the access location.

So, though the access point is undocumented (I've confirmed this with multiple sources) its use within the live system dissuades my concerns that it was unintended for use and that it might be removed at some future point without warning, though I can't speak for the actual intent of the developers with regards to it.

View solution in original post