Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_umphres

Adding javascript chat widget to sidebar

Hey all,

I'm very new to canvas and I'm looking at ways to add things to the bottom part of the sidebar (the far right). Basically I want to be able to add a javascript chat-with-a-librarian widget that is always available as a place for students to get help. Has anyone seen an example of this anywhere else?

3 Replies
canvas_admin

@kmeeusen ​ might have seen something and be able to help answer your question.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@james_umphres ​

You might want to check Instructional Designers

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @james_umphres ,

I am going through having a look at some of the early days in the Canvas Developers group, and checking in to see if older enquiries have been answered. I also noticed there hasn’t been any discussion on this question in quite some time.

I am wondering, were you ever able to resolve this with the assistance provided? I am hoping I can assume that it is well and truly resolved by now, but if not, please let us know and we can certainly have another look. Alternatively, if have some insights you may be able to share for others that would be awesome too!

I will mark this as assumed answered for the time being, however, by all means please let us know if you still have an outstanding question and we will take a peek!

Cheers,
Stuart