Course Navigation API

Jump to solution
jschaffer
Community Champion

Hello All, 

I was recently working with some of our design team and we noticed that the Roll Call Attendance tool was turned on in several of our shells.  Rather than go into every shell and move the tool from the Navigation in the course to the disabled area, I was looking to see if there was an API that I could use to do this on a large scale.  

I tried using the External Tool API already (PUT v1/courses/SomeCourse/external_tools/ToolID), however I either got a notification saying the tool does not exist (I assume because it is setup on the account and not course level), or it did not remove the tool from the navigation pane in the course.  Additionally, there is nothing in the course settings API documentation that would indicate there is a way to adjust the Navigation Settings.  

Any ideas?  

Jason

Labels (1)
1 Solution
MattHanes
Community Champion

If all you want to do is remove it from the course navigation, you should use the Tabs API. Tabs - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

You just set the value "hidden" to true and it will hide it in the course navigation. 

View solution in original post