cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibbonsd
Community Participant

Daily Login Report

Jump to solution

Is there a Canvas REST API that can be used to automate a daily login report at the end of the day to monitor a faculty member or a group of faculty members from start time of current day to the end time of current day?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

The API endpoint you probably want is User Page Views. It allows for you to set a start time and an end time to pull data for. You'll have to loop through each faculty member you'll want to track.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

The API endpoint you probably want is User Page Views. It allows for you to set a start time and an end time to pull data for. You'll have to loop through each faculty member you'll want to track.

View solution in original post

bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi  @gibbonsd ,

You also might want to look at using the last access report‌ and last enrollment activity report‌ as these will allow you to get the last time a user has logged in and when was the last time that they actually did some type of enrollment activity. 

gibbonsd
Community Participant

Brian,

I looked at those reports.  These reports do not have the information required by the Senior Vice Chancellor.  I have a SQL statement that obtains the required information.  However, the Data Portal and Amazon Redshift data are 24-36 hours older than the current date required in a daily report.  Therefore, I am trying to find a way to convert this SQL Statement to an API to get current date information.

bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi  @gibbonsd ,

Just wondering what information is required by your Senior Vice Chancellor that are in these reports?  For my institution I have combined last access report and last enrollment activity report, as well as the grade export report to provide my institution with an over all look at when the student was last logged in the system,  when they last did an academic activity in the course and what their current grade is in the course. 

Brian

gibbonsd
Community Participant

Brian,

A report focused on faculty members.

A comprehensive report on all activities of a specified faculty member or group of faculty members during a specified timeframe including courses, URLs, timestamps, and source IP addresses.

bneporadny
Community Champion

@gibbonsd ,

If you need that much detail you're definitely going to need to use #canvas data‌. Specifically the #requests‌ table within #canvas data‌ tables.