Developers Group Code Repositories and Examples

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello Developers Group,

I am creating this blog as an area where we can share links to code repositories and projects with each other, as we discussed in the developers meetup yesterday.  If you have a project website, GitHub, etc that others might find useful, please share it as a reply here to this blog.

I will share my own GitHub repository to get us started.  At the time of posting (March 1, 2024), I know I need to clean up some things in there, but I'm willing to share now.

My repository is mostly comprised of small JavaScript customization tweaks to the Canvas web UI.  Some highlights include:

• course_settings-customize_apps_text - Customize the text found on the external apps tab of course. settings.
  • dashboard-add_all_courses_link - Add an "All courses" link to the top of the dashboard.
  • syllabus-add_policy_information - Add some text to all course syllabus pages.
  • user_profile-disable_default_email_change - Prevent users from changing their default email address.

It also includes a couple python scripts:

• update_lti_parameters - Modify existing LTI configurations via the Canvas API
  • course_navigation_tav_clone - For all courses in a given account, clones the position of one LTI tool to another.  This was mainly created to maintain course integrity for faculty when changing from an LTI 1.1 tool to an LTI 1.3 tool

I'm sure some of you have much larger projects than whet I have been able to create.  I'm interested to see what others have created and see some examples of how the those projects are done.

-Chris

2 Comments