And we see this on the page:
77 is the correct course id, and the same thing happens for all of our courses.
This is related to these other questions, which have incomplete or no solutions posted:
I'm not surprised these URLs produce 404 errors, since they don't match anything in config/routes.rb... but where are they coming from? How can I fix it? What could be going on here?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Was able to fix that.
1. It requires RCE API server to be up and running https://github.com/instructure/canvas-rce-api
2. It should be accessible from the outside:
- I used Docker variant, and run in it on port 3333
- I used same domain as Canvas itself with addition of "/rce/" path. In config/dynamic_setting.yml:
rich-content-service: app-host: "mycanvasdomain.com/rce"
- Make sure that dynamic_setting.yml starts with the right environment. It was "development:" for me, I had to change it to "production:"
- In Apache2 config I added proxy rewrite for "/rce/" path:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule "^/rce/(.*)$" "http://localhost:3333/$1" [P] ProxyPassReverse "/rce/" "http://localhost:3333/"
3. After Apache2 restart, browser now used correct "/rce/api/session" requests which was forwarded to RCE api server.