cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aday
Community Participant

Need help with - Assignments API: List assignments

Jump to solution

ok, i am trying to return a List of assignments belonging to a course my URL is:

https://*******.com/api/v1/courses/1028/assignments

but I keep getting the following error: 

{"errors":[{"message":"assignment is missing"}]}

i am not sure what the issue is, if i try it with the Live Api  doc it looks to be working so I am not sure that is wrong. I am able to create assignments just not get a list back.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aday
Community Participant

Thanks, for you help.

The problem ended up being me Smiley Happy. I was doing a POST not a GET so once I fixed that all was good.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
themidiman
Community Champion

I don't know how to repeat this issue myself. All I would know to do is verify that all assignments appear as they should in the assignments tab of the course, and then insert in the /api/v1/ to the url that appears in your browser address bar and observe the JSON code that gets spit back from the API from within the browser. When I do this, I cannot see any errors as you describe.

Can you repeat this with other courses you might have access to? If so, this seems like an issue that is more easily solved by submitting a case to Instructure support. If your institution is a cloud customer, they should have access to your instance and try to repeat. If you are self-hosted, the developers have made several channels of support communication available on their public GitHub page.

aday
Community Participant

Thanks, for you help.

The problem ended up being me Smiley Happy. I was doing a POST not a GET so once I fixed that all was good.

View solution in original post