bulk edit TIME of assignments, or set default on 30 min?

ebonakdarian
Community Participant

Is there a way to set a due time on the half-hour? I.e., our classes start at 9:30, 10:30 etc and as the instructor I like to have the assignments due at the start of class. I could make them due 30 minutes earlier, but that’s strange and confusing, and guaranteed to result in students submitting work late.

I also don’t see a bulk way to edit all my 9:30 AM due times form a previous semester to say 12:30 PM for this semester once they have been imported (dates are adjusted ok for the most part). Each assignment has two due dates/time (regular and late), say 20 assignments per semester, 40 new dates/time to be set, 3 courses, that’s a 120 time this has to be done (and without errors). Tedious and waste of time.

Anyway to get this done either via this default or in bulk? I'm surprised these defaults are only on the full hour 😕

ebonakdarian_1-1661523314761.png

PS: If there's an easy way to write a Python script to set the times I'd be up for something like that too. Haven't found anything yet, so if there is that lets me adjust *time* for a given course, please share - thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Likes