undocumented API for gradebook_settings?

Jump to solution
sheads
Community Participant

When I check my Canvas Data Portal request tables, I find a POST call to /api/v1/courses/xxxx/gradebook_settings for any time a user changes a gradebook setting, such as "Show Concluded Enrollments."

I'd love to be able to use a script to update all instructors' gradebook settings to show concluded enrollments at the end of semesters (or better yet, if Canvas had an account setting that made it "on" by default, but that's not a discussion for this group).

I'm by no means an API expert, but it seems to me that, if I knew the right call to make with the user_id of the instructor(s) and the course_id, I could edit the gradebook_settings via API (and potentially write a script that updates all of the settings around the end of the semester when I get floods of emails about "where did my students go in the gradebook?").

Can anyone offer any insights?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, that was what I ended up doing and meant to post the solution here. This is the URL for the PUT request.

"https://" . $domain . "/api/v1/courses/" . $course_id . "/gradebook_settings?gradebook_settings[show_concluded_enrollments]=true"

View solution in original post