Add Manage Item Banks to Quiz Options Menu

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

Getting to New Quizzes Item Banks requires opening or creating a New Quiz and then choosing Options > Manage Item Banks. There are extra clicks to access the banks and it can be confusing for new users where to find them. 

Why not simply add Manage Item Banks to the Quiz Options menu as shown in the attachment? Could this be a Ready Release feature?

5 Comments
urbansk6
Community Contributor

Yes, having to access Item Banks from a specific quiz is confusing the first time and annoying every successive time. It's a small thing that would make life a lot easier.

CarlaD07
Community Explorer

Agree! I was just searching how to direct access/manage an item bank for New Quizzes and came across this community discussion before searching the Idea Exchange to see if a conversation of this feature existed. As the old Quiz feature is phased out, and the transition is made to using solely New Quizzes, anything that makes utilizing New Quizzes more efficient for teachers would be great. 

Working as an instructional coach, I'm currently in the process of creating quiz banks for our teachers to access for assessment ideas and find it cumbersome that I have to first go in to a course and find a New Quiz to open, before then going into the options to manage Item Banks and create new questions.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

Item Banks can be accessed directly by using the Item Bank link in both the Account and Course Navigation Menus.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed