Announcements as Home Page

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. September 7, 2016 - Wed. December 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Canvas should allow the option of having Announcements populate the homepage.  I post weekly announcements in my course and I want students to have immediate access to that info when they first login into the Canvas home page.  Forcing students to click to announcements reduces the likelihood they will read the announcements. Announcements as home page is a basic feature of any LMS and I think it is a glaring omission that Canvas does not offer this feature.

Comments from instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-01-07)

16 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-12-19)

Discuss this new feature, and others, in the Beta Release (2016-12-19) Collaborative Chat

wakimsu
Community Participant

Hurray!!!  cat-1390346_640.png

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-01-07)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to stefonikbenjamin for submitting this idea, as well as,  @Chris_Hofer ​,  @ProfessorBeyrer ​, jeanne.kerl​, dpt11​, randolm​,  @hello1 ​,  @wakimsu  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed