[Canvas Mobile - Parent] app lacks global announcements

Problem statement:

As an employee of my school district and a parent, I've noticed that the Canvas Parent app is missing some features. They are: 1. Parents can't see global notifications in the app. Currently, they can only see course announcements. With most parents using a mobile device to observe their child in Canvas, announcements posted by the school are lost. As an alternative, they can use the phone's browser to get to Canvas, but, compared to the app, the UI of the Canvas website is not as easy to manipulate on the phone. Also, as a parent, I should not have to hunt through emails to find a global announcement that should be showing as an alert in the app on my phone. 2. Notifications are turned off by default in the app so parents are missing course announcements.

Proposed solution:

Please improve the parent app experience by: 1. Adding the ability to see global announcements in the parent app. 2. Notifications should be turned on by default in the app With so many parents checking Canvas on mobile devices, I hope these are addressed soon.

User role(s):

observer

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

hi @AOverby - 

Thank you for sharing these ideas with the Community. Please make sure that you have a unique thread for each proposal -- one for Global Announcement support and one for notifications on by default. What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider