[Canvas Mobile - Student] Calendar View

Problem statement:

Students can not view in advance assignments on canvas mobile. It shows in a list of things coming up. I've heard many students taking all assignments and putting it in google calendar because that helps them organize and forecast easier than the list provided.

Proposed solution:

Please enable a calendar view of assignments on the mobile app. I believe the end user is used to seeing this format and can help them be more successful in school.

User role(s):

instructor

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @alm151 -

Thank you for taking the time to share this idea with the Community and for being an advocate for your students.

I want to take a moment to clarify your request as there is a Calendar and a To Do list in the Canvas Student app.

How do I view the Calendar in the Student app on my iOS device? 

How do I view the To-Do List in the Student app on my iOS device? 

The calendar doesn't have the same feel as the Calendar on the web (the full month with items listed below), but the small dots below the number indicate the number of items, and the colors correlate with the course that houses the assignments.

The To-Do List more aligns with the description of a "list of things coming up". 

Have your students toggled between the Calendar and To Do List in the app? If they have and the calendar features work, great! If not, let's add a little more clarity to the thread. I'd be happy to collaborate as we pinpoint needs that would make students' workflow more efficient. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by September 26, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider