[Course Settings] Do not Display the "Recent Announcements" heading if there are No Announcements

Problem statement:

A "Recent Announcements" heading appears at the top of a home page when the "Show recent announcements on Course home page" settings is enabled -- however it displays even if there are no Announcements and the Announcements link is hidden for students (since there are no announcements).

The Recent Announcements heading also displays even if the Announcements link is disabled in the navigation (but the recent Announcements setting is enabled)

Proposed solution:

Please fix is so: 1) if there are no announcements posted yet -- and therefore the Announcements link remains hidden (crossed out eyeball) -- then the Recent Announcements heading allows remains hidden. 2) if you have Announcements disabled in your course menu navigation, but have Recent Announcements turned on in Settings -- then the Recent Announcements heading does not show up.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,designer

1 Comment
Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach
Author

Here is how it looks.   I have No Announcements yet in this sandbox course -- in my course menu Announcements even appears as hidden because no announcements have been made.  YET, at the top of my Home Page is a Header:  "Recent Announcements". 

I don't think the Header should appear UNTIL an announcement exists -- just like the menu item does not appear.

See the Recent Announcements header in the image below:

Recent Announcements header displays even if there are no announcementsRecent Announcements header displays even if there are no announcements