[Courses] Make the course list sortable

When you click on Courses and then All Course, Canvas lists them in some random order. As my number of courses builds up over the semesters, with many courses of the same name, I would like to be able to SORT my list of courses by Name, Semester, Recently used, etc.

So... please let us sort these courses so that we can easily find what we are looking for!

122 Comments
haneyjx
Community Novice
Problem statement:

In the "All Courses" list view, there is no way to sort or search the courses by different criteria, and they are listed in seemingly random order.

Proposed solution:

Allow sorting of courses in the list chronologically, alphabetically, and to search by title.

User role(s):

instructor

ehills
Community Participant
Problem statement:

Instructors in my school district have a lot of courses when they click on Courses -> All Courses. It can make it difficult for instructors to find the course they want to star to put on their dashboard or find courses they don't frequently use.

Proposed solution:

It would be great if those courses were sortable by name and term similar to how admins can sort the list of courses by clicking the headings along the top of the courses list.

User role(s):

instructor