[Inbox] Schedule a message in inbox

As an instructor, it would be really great if I could write a message to my students in inbox, and schedule it to send at a later time. I love this feature in gmail, and would like to see it here as well. 

35 Comments
ChanteG
Community Member

Yes, this seems essential, and it is available in many email services. Please add this feature.

lheard1
Community Explorer

PLEASE add this feature...for all of the reasons stated above!

SORich
Community Member

I wanted to submit a consideration for improving Canvas' functionality for emailing. Delayed emailing would be ideal as it would allow teachers to draft replies and program them to send during appropriate hours. I am sure I am not the only teacher who often reads and replies to emails late at night, but it would be much better if I could draft and schedule the release. 

marchibald1
Community Novice

This would honestly be so helpful as I have standardized messages that I send to students throughout the semester. Since this is already an option for Announcements, why not make it available for messages?

DrZ
Community Member

I'd like to be able to schedule an email via the Canvas Inbox. I often grade at night and if I need to message a student about something, I'd rather not send it at midnight! 

ddouglas
Community Explorer

Agreed!  Would love to have this feature.

beth_may
Community Member

Yes, please!  I would love this feature.

ajweise
Community Novice

Please include this feature as it would be incredibly helpful. Already available on announcements and other Canvas tools, hopefully this could be implemented soon.

phstudent0305
Community Novice

As a student, I do not want to disturb my teachers and ask queries past the school hours. However, I would always forget about them and end up not having the chance to ask. So, it would be beneficial for students like me, and probably for some teachers, if Canvas has a feature of scheduling messages to send for later or anytime.

kcartwright2
Community Member

It would be helpful to have an email scheduler for the Inbox. We all work at odd hours sometimes, and it would be great to be able to schedule emails to go out during working hours and days and in the future generally. Thanks!