[Mobile] Admin mobile browser

Problem statement:

I had the ability as of last week to log in via a mobile browser and have access to admin controls, but that is now gone. It was a great feature and helped with troubleshooting issues for courses.

Proposed solution:

Admin feature for mobile browser to troubleshoot issues for students and instructors. It's helpful to be able to do the same thing on a desktop computer that I can on mobile. There are times when it's easier to have access as an admin rather than acting as someone when on mobile.

User role(s):

admin

2 Comments
hegeorge11
Community Explorer
Author

Linking to this since I found someone else that is having the same issue: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Mobile-Forum/Is-Canvas-on-your-mobile-browser-acting-up-fo...

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hi @hegeorge11 -

Thank you for taking the time to write an idea! This behavior has been identified by Instructure Support as a bug, and our engineering team is actively working on a solution. I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released, but I am optimistic that it will be ready soon.

Because of this, the idea does not need to proceed through our Ideas & Themes process and is being moved to our Will Not Consider status.