[Modules] Modules Display as Collapsed by Default

With courses that have many modules and module items, the default un-collapsed state on the modules page makes the view overwhelming. I would love the option to choose a 'current' module and have that automatically open for students or at least have the default view be auto-collapsed. The un-collapsed view is often a turn-off to faculty and designers who are considering different ways to represent their course content.

79 Comments
leslee_wilcox
Community Member

Please, please, please add the ability to collapse ALL and/or set collapse all as the default.

colleen_connoll
Community Member

This feature would be EXTREMELY helpful to our school/students. When the modules auto expand, it is very hard to navigate the course modules. 

rademacher_kris
Community Novice

PLEASE change the auto setting of Modules to collapsed instead of expanded. As the year goes on and teachers add more modules and more stuff IN their modules, navigation with everything expanded is annoying for teachers and near impossible for students. Having them always shut when clicking into modules would make scrolling and finding the necessary module so much easier!

Thanks!

Ashley-D
Community Member

I recently submitted an idea similar to this one. On the phone app, I requested for the modules to stay collapsed except for the week my child is working on. However, currently each time I login, all sections appear uncollapsed again.

ivinst
Community Novice

Yes, please! This would be hugely helpful. 

JStanislawWSHS
Community Member

This option would be hugely helpful. Too many modules open overwhelm the students and staff.

dianner
Community Member

I am disappointed that it seems like the community has been requesting this for SIX years and it's still not done? Maybe I'm missing something. Is this option in development? If so, is there a possible release date? Surely something is being done here???

leslee_wilcox
Community Member

Although the DEFAULT is not Collapse All, there is a button at the top of the screen that lets you select Collapse All. Once you choose that it remembers your selection and every time after that it will come in with Collapse All...unless you expand a module or two. Then only those modules will remain expanded and all the rest would still come in collapsed. I think this resolves my original complaint.

cjames730
Community Member

This seems like an easy implement--standard settings for an open or closed module shouldn't be too hard to do.

dperpich
Community Participant

100% agree but don't see how to give @brandon_pousley  a "kudo" for posting.