Need a way to sort and search the course terms selection box

There is one feature that I have been dying for Canvas to realize it needs for the admins and designers. The course terms box is not searchable or sort-able. It currently only has "active terms" (which go a few years back, not sure why since those are not technically active) and "past terms." It would make my life as a designer so much easier to be able quickly search for a specific current term without having to scroll and scroll and probably miss it twice. Echo360 has this for it's platform and it is so easy to search and get on with whatever needs doing. I search for courses from different terms daily and it truly would make is so much less painful. You can search the course name and number and filter by instructor or course. Why can't the term box be like that as well?

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-06-06) 

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Terms drop-down menu includes search functionality. For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26858-canvas-deploy-notes-2020-06-06 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Terms drop-down menu includes search functionality, helping admins to search courses by term more easily. For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2020-06-06) 

jesse.stallsworth Thank You for sharing this idea. Your investment has helped refine functionality that is now part of Canvas.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed